- 300g Arborio or Carnaroli rice
- 2 fresh artichokes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Approximately 1 liter of vegetable broth
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Crema di Carciofi
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (optional)
- Prepare the artichokes:
- Clean the artichokes, removing the toughest outer leaves and trimming the spiky tips.
- Slice the artichokes thinly and place them in a bowl with water and lemon juice to prevent oxidation.
- Prepare the risotto:
- In a pot, heat a bit of extra virgin olive oil and sauté the finely chopped onion and garlic until golden.
- Add the diced artichokes and cook for a few minutes until they become soft.
- Add the rice and lightly toast it until it becomes translucent.
- Deglaze with the dry white wine and allow the alcohol to evaporate.
- Start adding the hot vegetable broth, one ladle at a time, stirring constantly and waiting for it to be absorbed before adding the next. Continue until the rice is almost cooked (about 18-20 minutes).
- Add the ready-made artichoke sauce and mix well. Taste the risotto and season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- If desired, you can add grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese to make the risotto even creamier.
- Serve the hot artichoke risotto, garnishing it with a few slices of raw artichoke.
Using a ready-made artichoke sauce will enhance the flavor of the risotto while still providing a delicious culinary experience. Enjoy!